Having pets means always cleaning floors, especially when you’re still toilet training them. But there’s no need to speed through your limited rags! For frequent pet accidents, you can use a steam mop instead.
Steam mops make cleaning surfaces around your home much easier. The steam allows tough stains to come off quicker to speed up your cleaning session.
The Best Steam Mops For Cleaning After Pets
Below are tested steam mops that will make being a pet owner much easier:
#1 Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop
Our verdict: Best Overall Steam Mop
This Bissell steam mop is best for overall cleaning around the home. It can heat up and produce steam output in as fast as 30 seconds when turned on.
There are multiple steam settings that are perfect for cleaning hardwood and laminate floors. It also has removable mop pads and a SpotBoost brush. They can help with deep cleaning hard floors of pet urine and dander.
The best part of this Bissell Powerfresh steam mop? It has scent discs that leave a lasting aroma. Your floors will look and smell fresher with each use.
- Quick-heating for fast steam output
- Multiple steam settings
- Detachable steam mop pads
- SpotBoost bristle scrub brush
- Scent discs
- Few compatible accessories available
- No indicator light
#2 Shark Genius Hardwood Cleaning System Steam Mop
Our verdict: Best Steam Mop for Hardwood Floors
For cleaning hardwood floors, the Shark Genius steam mop is perfect for the job. It has three steam settings that are safe to use on sealed hardwood floors.
It is a no-frills steam mop that works on virtually any surface too. You can use it on laminated or tile floors.
Most steam mops tend to be quite heavy, but this one is fairly lightweight. Paired with a circular handle, this Shark Genius steam cleaner is easy to use.
- Works for hardwood floors
- Three steam settings
- Easy to operate
- Circular handle for better grip
- Fairly expensive compared to other steam mops
- No detachable scrubber brush
#3 O Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
Our verdict: Best Lightweight Steam Mop
The O Cedar steam mop weighs approximately 5 lbs, making it a good lightweight option. You can begin steam mopping floors and finish faster because it’s easier to maneuver.
It can heat up water to produce steam output in just 20 seconds. The removable cleaning attachment also speeds up total steam cleaning time as well. It’s good for carpet flooring and most floor types too.
The only downside of this steam mop would be its opaque water tank. It may be hard to gauge how much water is left before you need to refill. Also, this mop only has one detachable cleaning pad.
- Lightweight steam mop body
- Removable carpet cleaning attachment
- Reusable microfiber pad
- Opaque water tank
- Only one removable cleaning pad
#4 Shark Steam Pocket Mop
Our verdict: Best Steam Mop for Hard Tiles and Laminated Floors
For pet owners with laminate floors and hard tiles, you may want to use Shark Steam steam mop. It’s also compatible for use on:
- Sealed hardwood, and
- Ceramic tile flooring
The best feature is the swivel mop head, which can do a 180-degree rotation. It also has detachable mop cleaning pads you can switch around.
Perhaps the only flaw is how the Shark steam pocket mop has a smaller water tank. It also doesn’t offer temperature control. But apart from those, this Shark Steam mop is a great affordable option.
- 180-degree swivel steam mop head
- Safe for laminate floors and hard floors
- Detachable cleaning pads
- Small water tank capacity
- No temperature controls
#5 Bissell PowerFresh All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop
Our verdict: Best Multipurpose Steam Mop
The only thing better than a powerful steam mop is a steam mop with a vacuum. This Bissell mop is just that, making it the best multipurpose steam mop.
The vacuum significantly speed up the work. Plus, it has scented disc and water options to use. You can also opt to use your own cleaning solution.
Since it’s a two-in-one device, it is quite heavy to use, weighing around 10 lbs.
- Built-in vacuum for convenience
- Scented discs and water options
- Perfect for faster cleaning
- Safe on all floor types
- Heavy steam mop body
- Not ideal for those who already own a vacuum
#6 PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1
Our verdict: Best Budget Steam Mop
Don’t let expensive steam mops drive you away! This PurSteam mop is one of the most affordable options you can get.
It’s one of the best steam mops at its price point because of its cleaning power. With three adjustable settings, you can steam any stain on any floor type.
It can deep clean your floors, glass windows, mirrors, and carpeted areas. It even has a handheld steamer you can detach for ease.
The mop’s water tank capacity is 340 milliliters, allowing steady steam for up to 25 minutes.
- Affordable price point
- Multiple steam settings
- Safe on other home surfaces
- Detachable handheld steamer
- Good water tank capacity
- Short steam mop cord
- No removable water tank
Why Choose a Steam Mop?
Compared to a traditional mop, steam mops make cleaning faster and easier. The steam lets you removed tough stains on multiple surfaces.
Steam mops are also easy to use:
- Fill the water tank with distilled water and attach a pad to the mop head.
- Turn on the steam mop and wait for the water to heat.
- Once the water is hot enough, you can begin cleaning.
- Check the water tank from time to time to monitor steam output.
Perhaps the only downside is there are no cordless steam mops. But overall, they are perfect for pet owners who constantly have to clean.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Steam Mop
When deciding what to get, there are important factors to consider.
- Set a budget. Steam mops can range from as as low as $79 to as high as $200.
- Consider your floor type. Some steam mops are better on hardwood floors, while others are best for laminate floors.
- Consider the cleaning power you need. Some steam mops have multiple cleaner settings, while others don’t.
- Consider weight and size. A pocket mop is usually lighter than normal-sized steam mops. A built-in vacuum or removable water tank will also affect the weight.
- Think of mop attachments. Most steam mops have detachable pads to let you remove dirty cleaning pads. You can also pick one with a removable mop head and an extra pad.
Our Top Steam Mops
These are just three of our favorites from our list of the best steam mops for pet owners. Ultimately, the choice boils down to your own preference.
What steam mop is rated the best?
Do steam mops actually clean better?
Is it worth getting a steam mop?
Can I put vinegar in my steam mop?
Why is my floor sticky after I steam mop?
Where does the dirt go when you steam clean?
Can a steam mop crack tiles?
What can you put in a steam mop to make it smell nice?
What should you not steam clean?
Do steam mops ruin floors?